Sunday, July 5, 2009

Be Filled

Lately God has been teaching me the importance of being filled with His Holy Spirit. John 15:4-5 tells us that the one who abides in Jesus Christ bears much fruit but apart from Him we can do nothing. Also in Philippians 3:3 we see Paul telling those at Philippi that "we are the true circumcision, who worship in the Spirit of God and put no confidence in the flesh." Also in Ephesians 5:18-19 we are commanded to be filled or dominated with the Spirit.

I know for me it's easy to go through the week in my own strength. Living simply the physical life and going through the motions spiritually. Half-heartedly praying or reading my Bible not really thinking about what it means. However, this past week I have really been asking and seeking the Lord for His Holy Spirit. I've been finding out that as I diligently seek God and ask He obliges me. The results are astounding for we see in Galatians 5:22-23 that all good things come from the Spirit (love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control).

If you're reading this and you feel like your spiritual life has been dry lately I urge you to diligently ask God to fill you with the Holy Spirit. He says in Luke 11:9-13 that He will give the Holy Spirit to those who ask. Seek God about this and I know you will start to see a difference in your life.

No comments: